Yang, Chu-Chun

My photo
Brighton, United Kingdom
I am an illustrator by profession and have a wide range of creation in graphic, illustration, web design, and animation. This portfolio is a collection of my critical diary of the MA Sequential Design/Illustration in Uni of Brighton.

Sunday 29 January 2012

Cendric Hill's Journey

This storybook was drawn for introducing students in NCCU to the history and the space of Chengchi College. The story was written by Chengchi College, and I was in charge of art & illustration.


Characters & Art

In the beginning, I sketched images with pencils as detailed as possible, and painted different ranges of color: pink, green, blue, brown, and red, in my sketchbook. I added a lot of water enabling colors to blend with each other in the pigments. I transferred colors from my sketchbook with Clone Stamp Tool in Photoshop. The result turned out great. The blending color made the whole storybook look fantastic.





Scoll

I tried to print the storybook in a Chinese scroll. It was an important thing to connect each scene smoothly. I picked the red scarf as an element of connection between each scene.



The Story

It was a fantastic story. Cendric Hill and his older sister were reading books under the tree. A great wind blew, and the wind took Cendric’s sister’s red-scarf away. Cendric tried to chase the red-scarf and bring it back, but unfortunately he fell into a big hole in the tree. He kept on chasing and experienced a fantastic journey. Cendric found a flying-blanket taking him into the sky, and he met 7 dwarves in the forest, and even saved Snow White. Finally, Cendric came back to real world with the red scarf through the time tunnel.











 

Title Cendric Hill's Journey | Client Chengchi College | Description Storybook, Oct., 2010/Story by Chengchi College/Illustration by Yan, Chu-Chun | Method Pencil, Color Ink, Photoshop | Size 480cm(W)*14cm(H) | Purpose This storybook was drawn for introducing students in NCCU to the history and the space of Chengchi College. The story was written by Chengchi College, and I was in charge of art & illustration.