Yang, Chu-Chun

My photo
Brighton, United Kingdom
I am an illustrator by profession and have a wide range of creation in graphic, illustration, web design, and animation. This portfolio is a collection of my critical diary of the MA Sequential Design/Illustration in Uni of Brighton.

Saturday 28 January 2012

NCCU Map

This map referred to a postcard I bought in Japan. The postcard was a map of London with a dated look and its drawing style was very detailed. Owing to a lot of different NCCU Maps drawn by other illustrators I tried to create a new one in a different way. When I saw the postcard, I just knew that it was what I wanted. 

I switched the buildings in NCCU into famous architectures around the world, such as Kuala Lumpur City Centre in Malaysia, blue and white houses in Spain…etc., trying to add the elements of world views into the map. Sometimes I thought about Harry Potter, and made the map look like Europe in the Middle Ages.


8 Elements of Chengchi College

Moreover, there were 8 elements of Chengchi College. I created a clown with different performances to symbolize each element, such as a clown with a pencil symbolizing language, and the other clown with a stage symbolizing creativity…etc. I drew as detailed as I could.





Title NCCU Map | Client Chengchi College | Description Packing Paper, Dec., 2010 | Method Pencil, Felt Tip Pen, Photoshop, Illustrator | Size 54cm(W)*39cm(H) | Purpose The map was a guide to NCCU Campus. It was used in postcards and wrapping papers.